- Page One
- • Students launch English immersion program in China
- • Grant supports expansion of community-based research
- • Actors, scholars, playwrights here for Irish theater symposium
- • HR classes connect staff with new skills, peer networks
- Benefits update
- • Open enrollment gives employees opportunity to evaluate coverage
- • Key health care plan changes for 2007
- • Need more information? Check out these sources
- • Mammography screening offered
- • Benefits Fairs set for Oct. 17-18
- • Spotlight
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers Oct. 23-Nov. 5 is Friday, Oct. 13. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Carolyn Geller Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Cass Cliatt, Karin Dienst Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
Need more information? Check out these sources
Princeton NJ — There are a number of sources of information that can assist employees in selecting the health care plan or coverage that meets their personal and family needs. Information is available online, in print and in person.
Use the new online benefits system. The eBenefits system allows employees to review current benefit elections, covered dependents and beneficiaries and plan rates for 2007 as well as to enroll online. Employees should type the following address into their Internet browser: https://www.princeton.edu/selfservice. After logging on to the Human Resources Self Service Web site, select HR Self Service> eBenefits> Home> Benefits Home from the menus.
Visit the open enrollment
Web site. The site, at www.princeton.edu/hr/oe, provides
descriptions of the different plan features, rates for 2007 and links to the
various health care providers, which include directories of health care
professionals and facilities that participate in the particular health care or
dental care plan. Faculty and staff members who do not have access to a
computer can view the open enrollment Web site on kiosks set up in the Office
of Human Resources in 1 New South. The Office of Human Resources is open from
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Review the open enrollment materials. Use the personalized benefits enrollment form to review current health care plan coverage, in conjunction with the information in the benefits open enrollment packet, which provides comprehensive information on the different plan features, as well as plan rate changes effective Jan. 1, 2007.
Attend a Benefits Fair. The Benefits Fairs are scheduled for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 17, in the Spitzer Building at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory and Wednesday, Oct. 18, in the Frist Campus Center Multipurpose Rooms. Representatives from the health, welfare and retirement vendors will be present to answer questions.
Visit a site. Employees also can visit one of the following locations at any time to pick up informational materials:
• 1 New South
• Engineering Quadrangle
• Firestone Library
• Helm Building
• MacMillan Building
• 87 Prospect Ave.
• Jadwin Gym
• Robertson Hall
• Lewis Thomas Laboratory
• PPPL Office of Human Resources, Spitzer Building.