- Page One
- • Students launch English immersion program in China
- • Grant supports expansion of community-based research
- • Actors, scholars, playwrights here for Irish theater symposium
- • HR classes connect staff with new skills, peer networks
- Benefits update
- • Open enrollment gives employees opportunity to evaluate coverage
- • Key health care plan changes for 2007
- • Need more information? Check out these sources
- • Mammography screening offered
- • Benefits Fairs set for Oct. 17-18
- • Spotlight
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers Oct. 23-Nov. 5 is Friday, Oct. 13. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Carolyn Geller Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Cass Cliatt, Karin Dienst Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
Benefits Fairs set for Oct. 17-18
Princeton NJ — Have questions about your benefits? Come to a Benefits Fair sponsored by the Office of Human Resources.
The events will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 17, in the Spitzer Building at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 18, in the Frist Campus Center Multipurpose Rooms.
Representatives from the various health, welfare and retirement vendors will be available. Participants will be able to:
• Learn what benefit options are available by speaking with representatives from the Office of Human Resources, Aetna, UnitedHealthcare, Crosby Benefit Systems, Medco, Carebridge, VSP, CNA and Prudential Life Insurance.
• Get questions about retirement accounts answered by representatives from TIAA-CREF and Vanguard.
• Learn about the upcoming mammography screening program from members of the staff at the University Medical Center at Princeton (see story at left).
• Get information about programs on ridesharing, walking or biking and the use of mass transit to commute to and from work from representatives of the Greater Mercer Transportation Management Association.
• Receive assistance with online enrollment.
Reservations are not required to attend the Benefits Fairs.