- Page One
- • Library joins Google project to make books available online
- • Fields Center plans move to revitalize mission
- • Investigating clues to a life, Biehl discovers larger reality
- • Two win Sachs award to study in Europe
- • Mix of interests opens doors for student on campus and abroad
- • Princeton student Alexander Adam dies
- • Richard Golden dies at age 76
- • Staff appointments
- • Spotlight, briefs
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers Feb. 26-March 4 is Friday, Feb. 16. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Shani Hilton Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Cass Cliatt, Karin Dienst, Hilary Parker Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
Name: Lorrie McGough.
Position: Mortgage loan officer in the Office of Real Estate Finance. Interviewing eligible employees for the University’s mortgage program. Helping them with paperwork and processing their applications. Meeting with incoming faculty and new hires to introduce them to the program.
Quote: “It’s very rewarding for me to work with people who are getting their first home or the home they have dreamed of. It’s a major life change, and it’s nice to be a part of it.”
Other interests: Gardening. Spending time with her husband, Frank; her family; and her cats.
Effective Nov. 1: in dining services, retail food service worker Lula Mae Little, after 15 years.
Effective Dec. 1: in psychology, senior research specialist Pamela Wakefield, after 23 years.
Effective Jan. 1: in dining services, food service worker Odette Massenat, after 12 years; in the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab business operations, payroll accounting assistant Madeline McMullen, after 33 years; in the Office of the University Architect, assistant to the University architect Joanne Ofgant, after 26 years; in the Office of Information Technology Support Services, network specialist Thomas Williams, after 42 years.
Effective Feb. 1: in alumni and donor records, gift processing supervisor Kathleen Ferrara, after 29 years; in communications, project coordinator Carolyn Geller, after 24 years; in engineering and construction, data management support staff member Martha Young, after 21 years.