- Page One
- • Katz embraces dynamic approach to convey richness of languages
- • Soboyejo tackles problems, inspires students
- • Tilghman names advisory committee on international opportunities
- • Playground project benefits day care center, student designers
- • Gift of rare Chinese coins enriches University collection
- • Schäfer chosen for Andrew W. Mellon award
- • Three new faculty members appointed
- • Seven named to endowed professorships
- • Spotlight
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers March 12-25 is Friday, March 2. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Shani Hilton Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Emily Aronson, Hilary Parker, Teresa Riordan Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
Katz embraces dynamic approach to convey richness of languages
Associate Professor of Classics Joshua Katz likes to start the first day of class in “Origins and Nature of English Vocabulary” with what he calls his “party trick.”
Soboyejo tackles problems, inspires students
From the beginning, Winston Oluwole Soboyejo has been of two worlds — the developing and the developed.
Three new faculty members appointed
The Board of Trustees has approved the appointments of three new faculty members — one full professor and two assistant professors.
Tilghman names advisory committee on international opportunities
President Tilghman has appointed a group of faculty members to advise her on how the University can best respond to the challenges and opportunities in the international arena.
Playground project benefits day care center, student designers
In transforming a small vacant lot into an imaginative playground, Princeton architecture students are revitalizing a Trenton day care center while developing their own creative and analytical skills.
Gift of rare Chinese coins enriches University collection
A gift of more than 2,000 coins to the University Library’s Department of Rare Books and Special Collections will make relics from ancient and medieval China available to researchers on campus and around the world.
Schäfer chosen for Andrew W. Mellon award
Peter Schäfer, the Ronald O. Perelman Professor of Judaic Studies at Princeton, has been selected by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation as one of four winners of its Distinguished Achievement Awards.