- Page One
- • Testing the boundaries of teaching science
- • Harris-Lacewell draws on intellectual prowess and common sense
- • Energy plant wins award for reducing pollution and improving efficiency
- • Film about senior thesis performance earns honors
- • Students turn class into effort to help New Orleans rebuild
- • Exhibition, panel to document socialist architecture in Eastern Europe
- • Spotlight
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers March 26-April 1 is Friday, March 16. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Shani Hilton Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Ushma Patel Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
By the numbers
United Way campaign results
Gathering at Fields Center to celebrate (photo: John Jameson)
United Way officials and University volunteers gathered in the Fields Center Feb. 26 to celebrate the $201,516 raised for the United Way in this year’s campus drive.
- The campaign raised more than $177,038 in contributions from faculty, staff and retirees — $135,021 from the main campus, $33,787 from the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory and $8,230 from retirees.
- The University matched gifts with 15 cents on the dollar for every payroll deduction contribution and 10 cents on the dollar for all other gifts, for a total University contribution of $24,478.
- All donations will be distributed to United Way programs in Mercer County or employees’ home communities, or to other health and human services agencies that were designated by individual donors.