- Page One
- • Wheeler guides students into new creative waters
- • Annual Innovation Forum brings together inventors and investors
- • University offers archived lectures as podcasts
- • John Fleming, Bradley Whitford chosen to address seniors
- • Historian’s work uncovering the past helps community ‘look itself in the eye’
- • Exhibition to showcase history, labors of ‘Godunov’ production
- • Olsen appointed engineering school’s ‘entrepreneur - in - residence’
- • Cotsen presents ‘Princyclopedia 2007’
- • Spotlight
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers April 9-15 is Friday, March 30. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Shani Hilton Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Emily Aronson, Chad Boutin, Cass Cliatt, Teresa Riordan Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
John Fleming, Bradley Whitford chosen to address seniors
Princeton NJ — Longtime Princeton faculty member John Fleming will deliver the address at this year’s Baccalaureate, and Emmy Award-winning actor Bradley Whitford will speak at the annual Class Day ceremony, leaders of the senior class have announced.
Fleming, the Louis W. Fairchild ’24 Professor of English and Comparative Literature Emeritus, will speak at the interfaith worship service on Sunday, June 3.
Whitford, who won an Emmy in 2001 for his role as Deputy White House Chief of Staff Josh Lyman on NBC’s “The West Wing,” will deliver the keynote address at the Class Day ceremony on Monday, June 4.
President Tilghman selects the Baccalaureate speaker after consultation with senior class leaders. In an e-mail to the class of 2007, class officers said they recommended Fleming because he “has touched the lives of many Princeton undergrads both inside and outside of his lectures and precepts. As our class was one of the last classes to be taught by him, we felt it only appropriate that some of our last bits of Princetonian wisdom come from him also. We could not think of a more eloquent scholar to deliver our Baccalaureate address.”
Whitford was selected “for his success as an actor and commitment as a philanthropist,” according to class officers. Whitford founded The Clothes Off Our Backs Foundation, which raises money for children’s charities by auctioning off celebrity attire.