- Page One
- • University expands family-friendly policies for graduate students
- • Students gain more exposure to wealth of academic options
- • Harold Powers, versatile scholar of music, dies at 78
- • U-League offers summer camp
- • Niehaus family to endow Center for Globalization and Governance
- • Seniors earn ReachOut 56 grants for public service
- • The ‘continuum’ of support for graduate students
- • Employees honored for dedication and service
- • Spotlight, Staff retirements, Staff obituaries
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers April 16-22 is Friday, April 6. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Shani Hilton Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Cass Cliatt, Karin Dienst Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
Name: Joyce Bell.
Position: Executive assistant to the director of administrative information services in the Office of Information Technology. Providing administrative services, support and departmental management to the director, senior managers, managers and members of the technical staff. Managing the daily operation of the department. Monitoring budgets and expenses.
Quote: “I’ve been at Princeton for 40 years, and loved every minute of it. I absolutely love my job and the diversity and challenges it presents. The AIS staff with whom I’ve had the privilege of working have made my professional life so memorable. And I’m grateful for the children’s educational assistance plan, which enabled me to send my three children to college.”
Other interests: Attending jazz concerts. Shoe shopping. Spending time with her three adult children and her six grandchildren.
Effective Jan. 1: in the Princeton Environmental Institute, department office support staff member Anne Marie DeMeo, after 20 years.
Effective April 1: in the admission office, assistant to the dean Margaret Neall, after 21 years.
Effective April 20: in building services, janitor Louis Kagel Jr., after 15 years.
Effective May 1: in the Department of Philosophy, department office support staff member Ann Getson, after 23 years.
February: Richard Carducci, 57 (1970-2007, paint shop).
December: Robert Schultz, 90 (1958-1980, engineering and construction); William Stuller, 71 (1963-1997, Frick, special facilities).
January: Edith Davis, 81 (1967-1985, molecular biology); Kenneth Hobson, 75 (1958-1992, plasma physics lab).
February: Virginia Dzurkoc, 81 (1951-1987, mathematics); Ruth Gilwood, 87 (1972-1987, registrar’s office).