- Page One
- • Wrestling with great books and ideas
- • University offers admission to 9.5 percent of applicants
- • New chemistry approach promises less expensive drugs
- • Construction starts on new building between engineering, social sciences
- • Davis gift establishes endowment for International Center
- • Study of coastal disasters yields surprising findings, arresting images
- • Historic map exhibition, lecture set on exploring Africa, April 15
- Freshman Seminars overview
- • Thinking critically about computing, biology and society
- • Freshmen get a taste of chemistry — through chocolate
- • ‘Troubling’ students’ beliefs about black music
- • Spotlight
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers April 23-29 is Friday, April 13. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Shani Hilton Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Emily Aronson, Chad Boutin, Cass Cliatt, Teresa Riordan, Steven Schultz Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
David Leach (photo: Denise Applewhite)
Name: David Leach.
Position: Associate director of athletics for campus recreation in the Department of Athletics. Overseeing recreational facilities, programming and staffing for the University community, which includes students, faculty, staff, alumni and residents who join Dillon Gymnasium.
Quote: “There’s a dedicated group of students, faculty and staff who make Dillon Gymnasium a regular part of their routine — they take their fitness and recreational programming seriously.”
Other interests: Spending time with his wife, Kristen, and their daughters, 6-year-old Emma and 3-year-old Abby. Hiking and playing basketball. Listening to music.