- Page One
- • World premiere production of “Boris Godunov”
- • Deepening the discourse on racial dynamics
- • Program will create community of humanities scholars
- • Researchers combine efforts to help people of African savannas manage their land
- • Revised plan unveiled for arts neighborhood
- • On a quest for ancient coins, Steiglitz finds inspiration for a book and a course
- • Communiversity set for April 28
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers May 7-20 is Friday, April 27. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Shani Hilton Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Emily Aronson, Karin Dienst, Hilary Parker, Ushma Patel, Teresa Riordan Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
Name: Katherine Stanton.
Position: Assistant director of the McGraw Center for Teaching and Learning. Responsible for developing and implementing the pedagogy programs for graduate students. Consulting with students individually on their teaching. Coordinating a new program that trains students to observe and offer comments on their peers’ teaching.
Quote: “I came to the McGraw Center because it regards teaching as a form of scholarship, and because I get to work with incredibly smart and thoughtful graduate students. I really admire the University’s commitment to the development of a new generation of teachers.”
Other interests: Teaching in the Program in Freshman Seminars. Doing yoga. Visiting wineries in California with her husband, John.
Effective April 1: in athletics, facility crewperson David Cruser, after 42 years; in annual giving, office support staff member Catharine Kasziba, after 10 years.
Effective May 1: in building services, janitor Louis Kagel Jr., after 15 years.
January: Johnny Parks, 69 (1965-2004, grounds shop).
February: Mary Clark, 91 (1966-1977, library); Burton Davis, 99 (1960-1973, plasma physics lab).
March: Yolanda Courtney, 76 (1973-1995, mathematics); Henry Dymowski, 80 (1953-1989, plasma physics lab); Connie Green, 70 (1973-1999, library); Thomas Holzmann, 81 (1968-1996, library); Domenico Lubrano, 66 (1969-2002, building services).