- Page One
- • Slaughter leads Wilson School’s growing international influence
- • McPhee reveals how the pieces go together
- • Shroff selected as chief audit and compliance officer
- • Harvey named general manager for safety and administration
- • Johnson named men’s basketball
- • New campus notification system enhances emergency preparedness
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers May 21-June 3 is Friday, May 11. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Shani Hilton Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Emily Aronson, Chad Boutin, Ushma Patel Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
Slaughter leads Wilson School’s growing international influence
By Eric Quiñones
When the Princeton Project on National Security released its final report this fall, its recommendations for new strategies to secure America’s future were unveiled on Capitol Hill and presented over the next few months to policymakers and scholars across the United States as well as in China and Germany.
McPhee reveals how the pieces go together
By Jennifer Greenstein Altmann
For John McPhee, the most significant element of putting together one of his famed New Yorker magazine articles is figuring out the structure.
Bohdan Paczynski, renowned astrophysicist, dies
By Chad Boutin
Princeton astrophysicist Bohdan Paczynski, whose insights into the nature of celestial phenomena guided many developments in his field, died April 19 after a three-year battle with brain cancer. He was 67.
Johnson named men’s basketball
Sydney Johnson, a 1997 Princeton graduate and former Ivy League Player of the Year who as an assistant coach helped lead Georgetown University to this year’s NCAA Final Four, has been named the Franklin C. Cappon-Edward G. Green ’40 Head Coach of Men’s Basketball at Princeton.
Shroff selected as chief audit and compliance officer
Nilufer Shroff, a skilled internal auditor with experience in both higher education and health care, has been selected for the new position of chief audit and compliance officer at Princeton following a national search.
Harvey named general manager for safety and administration
Laurel Harvey, a member of the University staff since 1981, has been named general manager of a newly created Office of Safety and Administration, effective July 1.
New campus notification system enhances emergency preparedness
By Emily Aronson
Members of the University community can now quickly receive news and instructions during campus emergencies, thanks to a new notification system recently implemented by Princeton officials.