- Page One
- • Slaughter leads Wilson School’s growing international influence
- • McPhee reveals how the pieces go together
- • Shroff selected as chief audit and compliance officer
- • Harvey named general manager for safety and administration
- • Johnson named men’s basketball
- • New campus notification system enhances emergency preparedness
- The Bulletin is published weekly during the academic year, except during University breaks and exam weeks, by the Office of Communications. Second class postage paid at Princeton. Postmaster: Send address changes to Princeton Weekly Bulletin, Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542. Permission is given to adapt, reprint or excerpt material from the Bulletin for use in other media.
- Subscriptions. The Bulletin is distributed free to faculty, staff and students. Others may subscribe to the Bulletin for $30 for the 2006-07 academic year (half price for current Princeton parents and people over 65). Send a check to Office of Communications, Princeton University, 22 Chambers St., Suite 201, Princeton, NJ 08542.
- Deadlines. In general, the copy deadline for each issue is the Friday 10 days in advance of the Monday cover date. The deadline for the Bulletin that covers May 21-June 3 is Friday, May 11. A complete publication schedule is available at www.princeton.edu/ pr/ pwb/ deadlines.html; or by calling (609) 258-3601.
- Editor: Ruth Stevens Calendar editor: Shani Hilton Staff writers: Jennifer Greenstein Altmann, Eric Quiñones Contributing writers: Emily Aronson, Chad Boutin, Ushma Patel Photographers: Denise Applewhite, John Jameson Design: Maggie Westergaard Web edition: Mahlon Lovett
Harvey named general manager for safety and administration
Princeton NJ — Laurel Harvey, a member of the University staff since 1981, has been named general manager of a newly created Office of Safety and Administration, effective July 1.
Harvey, who has served as general manager for administration and compliance since 2004, will continue to report to Executive Vice President Mark Burstein.
Her direct reports now will include the University’s Department of Public Safety. She also will continue to oversee the Department of Environmental Health and Safety, which has reported to her since 1995.
“I’m thankful to Laurel for taking on additional responsibilities,” Burstein said. “Locating public safety and environmental health and safety in the same organization will provide a better structure as both departments continue to improve the quality of the critical services they provide to the University community.”
Harvey also will continue to provide University oversight for the managers of academic departments and programs, a role she has filled since 2004.
Harvey came to the University in 1981 as manager of planned giving. Five years later she became the associate director of investments and then the assistant vice president for finance and administration. In 1995 she was named associate treasurer and director of the Office of Risk Management. She was appointed general manager for administration in 2002 and added the duties of chief compliance officer in 2004.
“Laurel quickly developed a first-rate University compliance effort, and was an early advocate for Princeton to combine its audit and compliance functions,” Burstein said.
A graduate of Middlebury College, Harvey earned an MBA from the University of Rochester.