Adjunct Facilitators (per diem)
If you have a heart for young people (ages 10-18), the Princeton-Blairstown Center (PBC) may be the place for you. PBC is a private, non-profit organization affiliated with Princeton University that works with young people to promote positive growth. We work specifically with underserved youth from the inner cities of Newark, Trenton and New York City. Our experiential education programs are developed to meet the specific goals of each group with a focus on social and emotional learning, leadership skills, team building skills, communication skills, and conflict resolution skills. We are seeking facilitators to work on a per diem basis at our Blairstown campus (located on 263 picturesque acres near the Delaware Water Gap). Facilitators lead 1-5 day programs for a wide variety of participants including urban youth, public and independent school groups, and community organizations. Adjunct Facilitators work with groups of 8-12 participants and are assisted by a chaperone. Programming includes our on-site adventure course, a high ropes course, canoeing, and night walk activities.
- Inspire and facilitate participant growth in their goals, self-confidence and self-esteem through your personal example and connection to individuals and groups in your care.
- Facilitate participants safely (physically and emotionally) through our adventure course, high ropes course, canoeing, and night walk activities.
- Work as part of a team with fellow facilitators.
- Facilitate participants in site upkeep and restorations.
- Effective communication skills, proven group management skills, sound judgment, and emotional maturity.
- Experience working with adolescents.
- Experience living or working with people from diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Experience facilitating low and high ropes courses.
- Willingness to live and work outdoors in all seasons.
- Ability to work in high places such as ropes courses and in trees.
- Availability to work week days and weekends.
- Final candidates must pass a background check.
- Your own transportation to and from the Blairstown site.
- Certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Successful completion of prerequisite training.
We give preference to individuals with some or all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Licensed/trained educator.
- Experience working with young people from inner-city environments.
- Training and experience with rock climbing and canoeing.
- Certification in WFA, WFR and/or life guarding.
- College graduates seeking professional development and experience with outdoor/experiential education, inner-city and at-risk young people, education, counseling or environmental education.
- Background in outdoor, adventure and/or experiential education.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, qualifications and certifications. Pay range is $100.00 to $175.00 for full day and 50% of daily rate for half day.
- Travel reimbursement .51 cents per mile up to $50.00. The per mile rate fluctuates with the Princeton University guidelines.
- On-site room and board provided during the allocated program time.
- A $150.00 stipend is awarded after successful completion of the prerequisite training and working your first program.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO email@example.com - also fill out our PBC specific application below and submit it online - you can note on the application to "see resume" for any duplicate information already noted on your resume.
Please see our Application for Adjunct Facilitator and submit online.
Contact us with any questions at (908) 362-6765 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.