1. General safety training
All Princeton University users must take the general laboratory safety course offered by Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) of Princeton University before using the PRISM MNFL, without exception. The schedule of the monthly EH&S safety courses can be found at http://www.princeton.edu/sites/Training/calendar.htm. The course is free.
2. PRISM-specific safety training
All users must read the PRISM-specific safety information and take the on-line quiz. Contact the PRISM technical staff, jpalmer@Princeton.edu, to get permission to enter the site.
Passing the quiz is a necessary prerequisite for access to the PRISM Micro/Nano Fabrication Laboratory. Users may be required to retake the quiz every year to comply with changes in safety procedure. The instructions for the web quiz can be found in the Details section under "Web Quiz Info".
3. Basic microfabrication techniques course
Graduate students must complete an introductory microfabrication lab course before entering the cleanroom. For more information regarding this requirement go to the Fabrication Courses page.
4. Administrative requirements
Graduate students must fill out the online application form. Please refer to the step-by-step instructions.
5. Cleanroom rules
All must read and sign the MNFL rules document which details the obligations of the cleanroom users to the MNFL community and lists any restrictions to tool and room access.
After satisfying all of the above requirements you are an authorized user of the PRISM MNFL. Please see the PRISM Lab Staff to then:
- get an electronic entry card to the cleanroom and a cleanroom badge with photograph.
- set up a username and password for the on-line equipment reservation system.
- get a locker, safety glasses, splash goggles, and a sample box
- and be added to the PRISM ‘Recipe exchange’ and ‘prism-cleanroom’ e-mail list.
Look for Access Checklist in the Details menu to find a concise version of the entry process sequence.