General Information and Usage
The Raith e-LiNE is an electron beam lithography tool with a 100 mm by 100 mm travel range. It uses thermal field emission filament technology and a laser-interferometer controlled stage. The column voltage varies from 100 V to 30 kV and the laser stage moves with a precision of 2 nm. There are six apertures on the system: 7.5, 10, 20, 30, 60, and 120 um. The electron beam current is controlled by selecting the appropriate aperture. The system is equipped with a load lock, an automatic height laser sensor, an Inlens detector and a SE2 detector, with a unique fixed beam moving stage (FBMS) capability. Typically, large design patterns are divided into small writing fields, which are then stitched together to form the final pattern. The standard writing field size is 100 um square, with 2 nm pixel size, but the writing fields size can vary from 500 nm up to 2 mm square. Within one writing field, the ebeam is deflected to expose one pixel after another sequentially. When running in FBMS mode, the beam position is fixed and ONLY the stage moves. This allows the writing of long features without much stitching error, a function useful to applications such as waveguides. Finally, three comprehensive software packages for proximity effect corrections, 3-D lithography, and metrology complete the tool.
Operating Instructions and Training
Users seeking training and authorization for Raith e-LiNE must FIRST receive general SEM training and gain competence in SEM use. This can be covered by learning the Phillips XL30 SEM in the PRISM’s Imaging and Analysis Center (IAC). More information on how to get this training can be found at http://www.princeton.edu/~iac/ and http://webdb.princeton.edu/usite/publish.asp?site=IAC.
Reservation Rules for Raith e-LiNE
- Users can reserve not more than 3 writing sessions at the time.
- The total reservation time for all three session has a 24 hours limit.
- Users have to delete session from booking system in the case if they do not need it. Only after that the other user can reserve and use this time slot. No information substitution is allowed.
- Users have to report about any violation of the rules. The violator will lose access to the system for at least two weeks.
- In emergency situation when longer writing time is required, user must contact staff prior to reservation.
Contact Information for Users
For additional information regarding this machine, please contact the PRISM Staff at: MNFL-Staff@princeton.edu.
|Last Name:||First Name:||Sign:||Rank:|