The Princeton University Chapel is the religious and ceremonial center for the University. Completed in 1928, it is the third largest university chapel in the world. It is the home of regular religious services for many of the University's faith groups, including the 268-year-old ecumenical Christian worshiping community that meets every Sunday at 11:00 a.m. - the very community that founded Princeton in 1746. A place of grace and of peace, the Chapel is open to all people.
The programs of the Chapel and of its sponsor, the Office of Religious Life, seek to promote critical investigation into religious and spiritual meaning for all members of the Princeton community. Students, staff, faculty, and the broader public are welcome to all of our offerings, and there are many services of worship, gatherings for prayer, lectures, concerts, Bible and other text studies, panel discussions, and one-time classes on a variety of subjects. In all our work, we at the Chapel seek to engage people of faith and seekers of spirit to wrestle with the great issues of justice in our time, to connect their faith with the ethics by which they live, and to integrate the life of the spirit with the life of the mind.