- Study resolves controversy over nitrogen’s ocean “exit strategies” (Science)
- A promising concept on the path to fusion energy (IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science)
- A more potent greenhouse gas than CO2, methane emissions will leap as Earth warms (Nature)
- It slices, it dices, and it protects the body from harm (Science)
- Now in 3D: Video of virus-sized particle trying to enter cell (Nature Nanotechnology)
Joan A. Steitz is the Sterling Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, and an Investigator for the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
The presentation will be a review of the report from the National Academy
of Sciences entitled “Beyond Bias and Barriers: Fulfilling the Potential of Women in Academic Science and Engineering.”