How do I check my job's memory, local disk, or thread usage?
When you need to determine your application's memory, local scratch disk, or thread usage, you can do the following:
- Once a job has starts to run, use squeue -j <jobid> to determine the nodes allocated to the job.
- Ssh into each of these nodes using the ssh <node_name> command.
- Use top -U <username> to see the memory used by each of your processes on that node.
- If your job is multi-threaded, type in H (capital h) to see information on each thread.
- While logged in to each compute node, check the amount of disk space you are using on that node's /scratch disk.