Change Your Footer
Your footer information is controlled through a variable set in variables.xsl. Below are instructions on adding or editing that variable.
This documentation assumes that you are comfortable with XSL and with the rules of HTML markup. You will be editing code directly. As with all of our documentation, this page is not intended to be a replacement for our in person support. It is an additional service that we offer. We are happy to help if you have any questions. Drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Locate variables.xsl
- Log into your edit site, enter edit mode, and move into CE, the Content Editor.
- Navigate to your site's root folder (i.e. "/sitename") if you aren't already there.
- Locate variables.xsl then click the blue down arrow and select "Edit contents."
Step 2: Edit Your Footer Variable
New sites do not contain the footer variable. You'll have to add it to your variables.xsl file. Below are the steps. If your site already has the footer variable from a previous editor, then you can edit it (without removing the copyright information) and proceed to step 3.
- Copy the footer variable available in this .txt file.
- Place that variable directly before "</xsl:stylesheet>" at the bottom of the file.
- Edit the footer variable so that it reflects your department's desired information.
- Save the file.
Step 3: Verify Your Changes
Save and close the variables.xsl. You have now changed the file in your sandbox.
Go to the Insight Editor to verify your changes.
Step 4: Commit Your Changes
After you are satisfied with your changes, return to the CE. Commit the file, and include a useful comment. Your changes should be available on the live site within 10 minutes under normal circumstances.