Installation Instructions for ArcGIS 10.2 (Windows OS only)
- To load ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 GIS software, map the \\files\licensed\Products\ArcGIS\10_2 directory to your computer (you will need to log in to \\files using "PRINCETON\" , your NetID and your password).
- Open the Esri directory.
- Double click ESRI.exe in the ArcGIS directory to start the installation.
4. Click on the Run button to run the installation directly. You may be asked to log in to the \\files directory again, using the PRINCETON domain, your NetID and password.
5. Click on the word Setup next to the words ArcGIS for Desktop under the ArcGIS for Desktop bold heading.
6. In the next window, click Next to start the installation process.
7. Accept the license agreement.
8. In the next window, select a Complete installation, and click Next:
9. The next window allows you to install ArcGIS in a different location than the default. Generally, the default location works well. Click Next to continue.
10. Python is a scripting language supported within ArcGIS. The next window gives you the option to install it somewhere other than the default. The default location should be fine. Click Next to continue.
11. Click Next to to begin the actual installation. Please Note: the installation may take 30 minutes or more.
12. ArcGIS setup will display this page when the installation is complete.
Click Finish to close the software installation portion.
13. ArcGIS 10.2 is licensed by a network license server. When the ArcGIS Administrator Wizard opens, click on Advanced (ArcInfo) Concurrent Use. In the text area below "Define a License Manager now," type in email@example.com. Then press OK.
14. Once the OK button is closed, you can check on the license manager status by opening the ArcGIS Administrator application. If you click on the Availability folder under the Desktop folder, you should see that there are licenses available on the license server. You can click OK to close ArcGIS Administrator.
15. ArcGIS should now run, but you may want to check for Service Packs issued by Esri to improve and enhance ArcGIS 10 Desktop. Any relevant service pack for ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 will be located at http://resources.arcgis.com/content/patches-and-service-packs.
16. Select the latest patch for ArcGIS 10.2 and install it.
You’re all done – an up-to-date ArcGIS 10.2 should launch from your machine. Remember that you need to have network access to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to run the software.
Note to users with Windows 64-bit operating systems
ArcGIS 10.2 as a whole runs on a Windows 32-bit operating system. However, some geoprocessing tasks can use 64-bit processors. If you have a Windows 64-bit operating system, you can install ArcGIS for Desktop Background Geoprocessing (64-bit) after installing the software. The setup is located on the main installation window (see step 5), directly under the ArcGIS for Desktop Setup.