Installation Instructions for ArcGIS 10.4.1 (runs on Windows OS only)
- Connect to network share
- Windows 10 & 8 -- copy \\files.princeton.edu\licensed\Products\ArcGIS. On your keyboard hold down the Windows+X keys, click run, paste in the path above, and click OK. When prompted to enter a network password, authenticate as PRINCETON\<yourNetID>.
- Windows 7 -- copy \\files.princeton.edu\licensed\Products\ArcGIS. Click the Start button, right-click on Computer and select map network drive. Paste the path into the folder text field, check Connect using different credentials, and click Finish. When prompted to enter a network password, authenticate as PRINCETON\<yourNetID>.
- Open the 10_4_1 directory.
- Double click ArcGIS_Desktop_104_151727 to start the installation.
4. Click on the Run button to run the installation directly. You may be asked to log in to the \\files directory again, using the PRINCETON domain, your NetID and password.
5. Agree to download the executable file to your default location.
6. In the next window, click Close to finish the extraction and start the setup itself.
7. At the Welcome screen, click Next. Accept the license agreement.
8. In the next window, select a Complete installation, and click Next:
9. The next window allows you to install ArcGIS in a different location than the default. Generally, the default location works well. Click Next to continue.
10. Python is a scripting language supported within ArcGIS. The next window gives you the option to install it somewhere other than the default. The default location should be fine. Click Next to continue.
11. Click Next and then Install to to begin the actual installation. Please Note: the installation may take 30 minutes or more.
12. ArcGIS setup will display this page when the installation is complete.
Click Finish to close the software installation portion.
13. ArcGIS 10.4.1 is licensed by a network license server. When the ArcGIS Administrator Wizard opens, click on Advanced (ArcInfo) Concurrent Use. In the text area below "Define a License Manager now," type in email@example.com. Then press OK.
14. Once the OK button is closed, you can check on the license manager status by opening the ArcGIS Administrator application. If you click on the Availability folder under the Desktop folder, you should see that there are licenses available on the license server. You can click OK to close ArcGIS Administrator.
15. ArcGIS 10.4.1 will now run. You can go to the Esri site (http://support.esri.com/en/downloads/patches-servicepacks/) and search for any service packs or updates to ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.1. You may also want to check the Esri support site to see if there are any specific patches for any problem you may have with ArcGIS.
You’re all done – ArcGIS 10.4.1 should launch from your machine. Remember that you need to have network access to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to run the software.
Note to users with Windows 64-bit operating systems
ArcGIS 10.4.1 as a whole runs on a Windows 32-bit operating system. However, some background geoprocessing tasks can use 64-bit processors. If you have a Windows 64-bit operating system, you can install ArcGIS for Desktop Background Geoprocessing (64-bit) after installing the software. The setup is located on the main installation window (see above).