Installation Instructions for ArcGIS 10.0 (Windows OS only)
- To load ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 GIS software, map the \\files\licensed\Products\ArcGIS directory to your computer (you will need to log in to \\files using "PRINCETON\" , your NetID and your password).
- Open the 10_0 directory.
- Double click ESRI.exe in the ArcGIS directory to start the installation.
4. Click on the Run button to run the installation directly. You may be asked to log in to the \\files directory again, using the PRINCETON domain, your NetID and password.
5. Click on the word Setup next to the words ArcGIS Desktop under the ArcGIS heading.
6. In the next window, click Next to start the installation process.
7. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
8. In the next window, select a Complete installation, and click Next:
9. The next window allows you to install ArcGIS in a different location than the default. Generally, the default location works well. Click Next to continue.
10. Python is a scripting language supported within ArcGIS. The next window gives you the option to install it somewhere other than the default. The default location should be fine. Click Next to continue.
11. Click Next to to begin the actual installation. Please Note: the installation may take 30 minutes or more.
12. ArcGIS setup will display this page when the installation is complete.
Click Finish to close the software installation portion.
13. ArcGIS 10.0 is licensed by a network license server. In the next window, select ArcInfo (concurrent use) as the software to license, choose to define a license manager now, and type in firstname.lastname@example.org as the license server to be used. Then press OK.
14. A new window should open showing the results of the licensing steps. You can click on the Availability folder to see that there are licenses available on the license server. You can click OK to close this window, and then close the ArcGIS Setup window.
15. ArcGIS should now run, but you may want to check for Service Packs issued by Esri to improve and enhance ArcGIS 10.0 Desktop. Any relevant service pack for ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 will be located at http://resources.arcgis.com/content/patches-and-service-packs.
16. Select the latest patch for ArcGIS 10.0 and install it.
You’re all done – an up-to-date ArcGIS 10.0 should launch from your machine. Remember that you need to have network access to email@example.com in order to run the software.