Renews Annually on September 15
|Operating Systems:||Windows XP/Vista/7//8, Mac OS X|
|Institutional Computers Eligibility:||
All faculty/staff institutional machines eligible (see Additional Information below)
|Institutional Computers Fee:||Yes|
|Personal Computers Eligibility:||Faculty and staff may purchase for personal computers
Students may purchase for personal computers
|Personal Computers Fee:||Yes|
Work at Home (WAH) Rights:
Yes, faculty and staff may install each license on one home computer
How to Obtain:
- Can purchase one CD and install on multiple computers.
- A license must be purchased for each machine.
EndNote is installed free of charge on all DeSC machines.
- SCI computer purchasers from 2005-06 to the present have EndNote installed on their computers. To upgrade to new versions, a CD can be purchased from the OIT Store or installation can be performed in the OIT Solutons Center Tech Clinic at 112 Frist Campus Center.
- For all other student personal purchases, one must buy a license and a CD. You may not purchase a license and then “borrow” a CD to install the software.
- Students who have purchased EndNote through the University site license may keep the software when they leave the University, as long as the license renewal is up to date. Future upgrades after graduation can be purchased from Thomson Reuters directly.
- Students are given a receipt upon purchase and will need to provide that proof of purchase for the upgrade.
Faculty & Staff Personal Purchases:
- You can install on a personally-owned desktop and laptop as long as both instances of EndNote are not used at the same time.
- When you leave Princeton University, the software must be uninstalled.
- If the EndNote license is not renewed, the software must be uninstalled.
- If you install the EndNote trial from Thomson Reuter's web site, our license will not extend its life so make sure to install EndNote from the CD.
- If a new version of EndNote is released during the license period (September 15 through September 14), you can upgrade by purchasing the new version CD for $3.00. You must visit the OIT Store to do this (113 Frist Campus Center).