Renews Annually on February 1
Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, OS X (OS X 10.0 is not compatible with R2014a; 10.9 was dropped from R2016a; 10.10 support began with R2015b, support for 10.12 with R2016b), Linux, (See Platform Road Map for MATLAB)
|Institutional Computer Eligibility:||All faculty/staff institutional machines eligible|
|Institutional Computer Fee:||
|Personal Computer Eligibility:||Students may install on personal computers|
|Personal Computer Fee:||No|
Work at Home (WAH) Rights:
Faculty/Staff may install MATLAB on personally owned computers for classroom/course requirements and non-commercial academic research.
Installing the Software
- Instructions for the Network Installation of MATLAB on Windows 10/8/7 & Vista Systems
- Instructions for the Network Installation of MATLAB on Intel Mac OS X Systems
- Instructions for the Network Installation of MATLAB on Unix Systems
- Instructions for the Network Installation of MATLAB on Power PC Mac OS X Systems (R2007b)
- Instructions for the Network Installation of MATLAB on 32-bit Unix Systems (R2012a)
Running from Research Computing Nobel Cluster
- Run MATLAB from Nobel for Windows Computers
- Run MATLAB from Nobel for Intel Mac OS x Computers
- Run MATLAB from Nobel for Unix Computers
Students, faculty and staff are eligible to use the software on a personally-owned computer while employed/enrolled and must remove the software when they leave the University.
- Distributed Computing Server
To install components individually see Notes at top of Installation page.
Computer Vision System
Filter Design HDL Coder
Gauges Blockset (not in vR2016a)
MATLAB Compiler SDK
MATLAB Report Generator
Partial Differential Equation
Simulink 3D Animation
Simulink Control Design
Simulink Design Optimization
Spreadsheet Link EX
Statistics & Machine Learning
- MATLAB access is instant; new users do not have to do download and install to get started.
- The current release of MATLAB is always available for in-class assignments and homework.
- Files are easily shared and synchronized across computers/devices.
- Introductory courses can easily leverage MATLAB from a web browser.
For more information on MATLAB Online and limitations, go to:
MATLAB Online is not meant to replace desktop installations and does not contain all tools and functionality contained in our TAH license. Since MATLAB Online is web-based, users need internet access to connect.
MathWorks' self-paced courses. These online courses are intended for beginning users as well as those looking for more in-depth training. Courses include:
- MATLAB Onramp (Free)
- MATLAB Fundamentals
- MATLAB for Financial Applications
- MATLAB Programming Techniques
- MATLAB for Data Processing and Visualization
Machine Learning with MATLAB (coming soon)
Get started now and learn to:
- Work with the MATLAB user interface
- Enter commands and create variables
- Create your own MATLAB programs and much more
Interactive MATLAB & Simulink Based Tutorials
MathWorks offers interactive tutorials especially designed for students. Faculty may use this material to supplement their courses. The tutorials are narrated by engineers from MathWorks and include several interactive exercises to reinforce learning.
You can access tutorials at http://www.mathworks.com/academia/student_center/tutorials/.
MATLAB Online Training Courses
MathWorks offers online training courses: http://www.mathworks.com/training-schedule/training_classes?s_v1=56674441_1-5V3OX. You will need to log in with your MathWorks account.
Watch Now On Demand
Watch Now On Demand