MATLAB by MathWorks
Run MATLAB from Nobel Cluster for OS X Computers
No VPN connection is required for off campus use. This can be used as alternative to installing a local license. Depending on your location, the interface may take several minutes to launch. By default all work gets saved to your H drive.
- Confirm your Unix account is enabled. See Solution 5216
- Download and Install the latest version of XQuartz
- Launch XQuartz from /Applications/Utilities
- From the X11 menu bar, select Applications and click Terminal or type Command+N.
- Run the following commands in Terminal to connect to the Research Computing Nobel Cluster.
- Type ssh -Y email@example.com
- Type yes when prompted to save an RSA key. (this is the secure encryption key for the communication between your computer and the Princeton server).
- Type your Princeton password when prompted
- Run MATLAB by typing matlab