Run MATLAB from Nobel for Unix Computers
No VPN connection is required for off campus use. This can be used as alternative to installing a local license. Depending on your location, the interface may take several minutes to launch. By default all work gets saved to your H drive.
- Confirm your Unix account is enabled. See Solution 5216
- Launch Terminal
- Run the following commands in Terminal to connect to the Research Computing Nobel Cluster.
- Type ssh -X firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type yes when prompted to save an RSA key. (this is the secure encryption key for the communication between your computer and the Princeton server).
- Type your Princeton password when prompted
- Run MATLAB by typing matlab