Network Installation for Power PC Mac OS X Computers
Mac OS X 10.4 (or greater) and X11 are required to install and run Matlab. Final version available for Power PC Macs.
- Highlight and copy the following line into the clipboard:
(Select Copy under the Edit menu to copy the selected text into the clipboard.)
- Return to the Finder by selecting the Finder icon in the Dock or by clicking anywhere on the desktop.
- Select Connect to Server from the Go menu.
- Paste the clipboard in the "Server Address" field and press return. (To paste, select Paste from the Edit menu.)
- Click Connect.
- Log on with:
- Workgroup/Domain: PRINCETON
- Username: <Your Princeton NetID>
- Password: <Your Princeton password>
- You will be presented with a network folder called Unix.
- Open license_install.dat using TextExit:
- Highlight license_install.dat by clicking it once.
- From the File menu, select Open With, and then select TextEdit. If TextEdit isn't one of the options available under Open With, select Other... and then select TextEdit in the Applications folder.
- Copy the entire contents of the file into the clipboard. From the Edit pull down menu select Select All and then select Copy.
- Quit TextEdit and return to the Unix window on the desktop
- Double-click InstallForMacOSX
- The Matlab installer needs OSX Administrator privledges. It will prompt for your Administrator password. This will most likely be the password you used to log in to your computer:
- Name: <Admin account name>
- Password: <Admin account OSX password>
- Select Continue button at "Important Information" window
- Select Yes radio button and then the Continue button on Software License Agreement window
- Select Continue button at "Install Location" window
- Click anywhere in the text field to select it, and then, from the Edit pull down menu, select Paste from the Edit menu to paste the license text from the clipboard into the text field, and select Continue.
- Select the Continue button in the Select products for installation.
- Select Finish
- When the installer finishes, unclick the box to Start Matlab. You still need to install the licenses.
- Double-click on MacOSX_License_Installer.command to install the Princeton network and site licenses.
- Installation is complete. You can close the Terminal window, and unmount the LICENSED volume on your desktop by dragging it to the trash can in your dock.
- Start Matlab by clicking on the alias on your desktop, or by running it from the MATLAB_R2007B directory in your Applications folder. It will start up the Apple X11 environment before running.
To Switch Between Running Matlab Offline & OnlineAs of R2007b, there is no longer any need to switch between an online and offline license, since Matlab R2007b automatically falls back to the offline license when it cannot connect to the license manager.
LICENSE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS
Updating the license file for Matlab R2007b
- Follow steps 1 through 7 of the above instructions to mount the shared volume.
- Double-click the MacOSX_License_installer.command icon to retrieve the latest license files.
- Matlab does not start on your PPC mac, produces errors in the Console looking for /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.1.0.dylib
- Install this libgcc_s.1.0.dylib in /usr/local/lib (you might have to create /usr/local/lib first).
- If you get the following error in your Console:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.6.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/MATLAB_R2007b/bin/maci/MATLAB.app/Contents/MacOS/libmwhg.dylib Reason: no suitable image found. Did find: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.6.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architectureMake sure you update your X11 to the latest version, at least X11 Update 2006 (version 1.1.3)