Installing TecPlot 360 2009
Windows 2000/XP/Vista Computers
- Map the following location as the X: drive: \\files.princeton.edu\licensed\Products\TecPlot\TecPlot360_2009\windows
To map the drive, copy the above line into the clipboard by highlighting it and right-clicking on the highlighted text, then selecting Copy.
- Click on the start menu in the lower left hand corner of your desktop. Click on "My Computer".
- Select Map Network Drive from the Tools menu.
- Select "X:" as the "Drive".
- Right-click on the "Folder" field, and Paste the above URL.
- Click Finish
- If you aren't already logged in with your Princeton account, you may be asked to log in at this point:
- Connect As: PRINCETON\netID (Replace netID with your Princeton NetID)
- Password: (Your Windows password)
- If you are running MS Vista:
- Right-click on the InstallTecplot360_2009_32 icon if you have a 32-bit system, or on the InstallTecplot360_2009_64 icon if you have a 64-bit system.
- Select "Run as Administrator" from the drop-down list.
- If you are running XP or earlier:
- Double-click on InstallTecplot360_2009_32.cmd if you have a 32-bit system, or InstallTecplot360_2009_64.cmd if you have a 64-bit system.
- If you get a security warning, click Run to allow the installer to start.
- You will be presented with a License Number that is needed later in the installation process. Please make a note of this License Number, or copy it into the clipboard.
- Press any key to continue.
Note: there may be a significant delay while the installer is copied from the network.
- If the InstallShield Wizard needs to install any required software, click Install to continue, accepting all the defaults. Note: This may require restarting your computer.
- Click Next to start the install.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Select "Purchased", and click Next.
- Select "Network or Site License", replace "myserver" with "raas03.princeton.edu" as the machine name, and click Next.
- Fill in your User Name and Organization, paste or type in the License Number provided above, and click Next.
- Use the default installation directory and click Next.
- The TecPlot working folder will be set to your "My Documents" folder. Click Next to continue.
- Select Complete setup type and click Next.
- Click Install to complete installation.
- Click Finish when the installation is complete.
- Start TecPlot 360 by clicking on Start->All Programs->Tecplot 360 2009->Tecplot 360 2009.