Princeton in Argentina
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese Languages and Cultures offers a study abroad summer program in Buenos Aires, Argentina, in collaboration with the Program in Argentine and Latin American Studies at the Universidad de Belgrano. The program will feature six weeks of instruction, designed and coordinated by Princeton faculty. In order to facilitate intensive culture and language immersion, all students will stay with host families. For those students who are interested, the program will offer opportunities to do volunteer work at local non-profit organizations, or take side trips to historical or natural sites in the area. Program dates are June 7 through July 19, 2014.
- Classes are exclusively for Princeton students.
- Class content provided or supervised by Princeton faculty.
- Based in Buenos Aires.
- Maximum of 30 students, divided into two levels.
- Courses: SPA 107S: Intermediate/Advanced Spanish (prerequisite: SPA 102 or 103 with a passing grade or instructor’s permission) and SPA 342S/LAS 342S: Topics in Latin American Modernity: The Politics of Culture in Modern Argentina (prerequisite: SPA 207 or equivalent).
- Directed by Gabriela Nouzeilles.
- Weekly excursions.
- Cost: TBD
- Students on financial aid are eligible to receive a partial scholarship from the Department of Spanish and Portuguese.
- Students on financial aid are also encouraged to apply for a grant from Princeton’s Office of International Programs.
- Though regular financial aid is not available in the summer, aid recipients may apply for a loan from the Financial Aid Office (see Summer School Information Sheet) to help cover any remaining costs.
- Special consideration will be given to students planning to concentrate in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese.
For more information, contact Prof. Gabriela Nouzeilles.