Princeton in Brazil
Entirely coordinated and designed by Princeton faculty, and based in one of the world’s most captivating cities, Princeton in Brazil is made possible thanks to a partnership with IBEU (Instituto Brasil-Estados Unidos). IBEU has many years of experience hosting American university students for summer programs and offers welcoming and well-equipped facilities in the charming neighborhood of Ipanema.
- Classes are exclusively for Princeton students.
- Class content provided or supervised by Princeton faculty.
- Based in Rio de Janeiro.
- Maximum of 24 students, divided into two levels.
- Courses: POR 109S: Intermediate Portuguese (prerequisite: POR 108 or POR 102) and POR 207S: Studies in Portuguese Language and Brazilian Culture (prerequisite: POR 109).
- Directed by Pedro Meira Monteiro and Nicola Cooney.
- The resident faculty member for the summer 2015 program will be Luis Gonçalves.
- Weekly excursions.
- Cost: TBD
- Students on financial aid are eligible to receive a scholarship from the Department of Spanish and Portuguese.
- Students on financial aid are also encouraged to apply for a grant from Princeton’s Office of International Programs.
- Though regular financial aid is not available in the summer, aid recipients may apply for a loan from the Financial Aid Office (see Summer School Information Sheet) to help cover any remaining costs.
- Special consideration will be given to students planning to concentrate in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese.