The Support Services department is responsible for providing a team of IT support resources that work together to collectively address the computing support needs of the University community, and support the University’s networking infrastructure.
The support offered ranges from general IT support from the help lines and software and hardware support services, to specialized programs that have been put into service to support the needs of particular University constituents, such as the SCAD and RCC support programs and the Managed Environment Support programs, to name a few.
Support Services Groups
The groups that comprise Support Services are:
- Customer Services
- Desktop Support
- Distributed Computing Support
- Integration Advisory Group
- Networking and Telecommunications
For organizational details, see the Support Services organization chart (PDF).
The goals that guide our department are:
- to support the University's need for responsive, varied, and around the clock IT support.
- to support cost-savings measures by managing and maintaining cost-effective, centralized computing support services, computing environments, and programs.
- to foster a unified computing support environment through departmental partnerships and distributed computing support and outreach programs.
- to support student academic computing through specialized computing support and computing resources, such as the Residential Computing Consultants program, the OIT computing clusters, and the Student Computer Initiative (SCI).
- to safeguard the computers and computing resources of the University community by offering a managed and automated antivirus and operating system update solution
- to manage and maintain a ubiquitous, dependable, and powerful networking infrastructure that is accessible to the University community.
- to provide computing and networking consulting support to University departments for the deployment and operation of administrative and academic research applications.
The Office of the Associate CIO and Director
Assistant to the Associate CIO and Director
701 Carnegie Center, Suite 302
Princeton NJ 08540