Sustainability Coordinator Position Available
The Hill School, a private boarding school in Pottstown, PA, is seeking a Sustainability Coordinator. This a great opportunity sponsored by the same donor who has provided Princeton's High Meadows Foundation sustainability fund.
- Building relationships with all school constituents to generate ideas and support for a successful sustainability program.
- Completing a campus sustainability audit and establishing a set of indicators to document progress.
- Using the audit and other resources to create a comprehensive plan with specific projects for sustainability.
- Establishing and managing a sustainability task force to aid in the completion of the campus sustainability audit and plan, in setting priorities for sustainability, and in implementing changes.
- Advising and managing several ongoing student activities, including the student environmental club (Green Initiative), the Green Work-Job team, the School’s participation in the Green Cup Challenge, the Mobile Recycling Team, and the spring move-out recycling event, and participating in the Charterhouse Challenge.
- Overseeing the development of a small school garden as an after-school activity or club.
- Educating the School community about sustainability and building interest in the program through consistent, reliable communications.
- Maintaining the “Sustainability at The Hill” section of the School’s website and the intranet site for sustainability.
- Working with the Business and Advancement offices to identify and pursue funding, including grants.
- Representing and sharing the School’s sustainability program beyond campus through NAIS networks, the Environmental Education Committee of the local Chamber of Commerce, and other means.
Please contact Ryck Walbridge, (610) 326-1000, or email@example.com,for more information.