Goals in Resource Conservation
- Apply an integrated landscaping approach that helps to restore the quality and capacity of the regional watershed.
- Minimize the use of potable water for irrigation and increase the water retained for use on campus.
- By 2020, decrease personal water use by 25 percent below 2007 levels per student.
- Reduce infrastructure water use to the maximum extent possible.
- Increase the recycling percentage from the 2007 rate of 38 percent of all household recyclable materials to 50 percent by 2012 (does not include construction and demolition debris).
- Recycle at least 95 percent of all eligible (non-hazardous) materials from demolition and construction waste.
- Convert to 100 percent Green Seal Certified or equivalent cleaning products by 2009.
- Complete the transition to 100 percent recycled disposable paper products by 2009.
- Reduce the use of disposable paper products.
- Maximize the number of purchasing contracts for "green" goods and services.
- Significantly increase the percentage of sustainably produced food items from the current base of 20 percent (by volume).
- Enhance efforts to interest the campus community in sustainably produced foods.
For more details on our resource conservation goals, please download the full plan document (below).