Students United for a Responsible Global Environment
- Chair: Caroline Jo (cyjo@)
- Graduate Chair: TBA
- VP of Student Engagement/Directors of Human Capital: Brianna Liu (bcliu@), Sammy Lee (snlee@), Gavin Cook (gcook@)
- VP of Policy: Isaac Lederman(islederm@)
- VPs for Emissions: Pranav Badami (pbadami@), Katie Breen (kbreen@)
- Secretary: Caroline Davidsen (davidsen@)
- Treasurer: Leland Baldwin (rbaldwi@)
SURGE Vision Statement
Princeton SURGE members recognize the pivotal role of academic communities as torchbearers in the global movement to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. For us to enrich our education, to maintain our status as a leading university of the world, and to leverage our power and live up to our responsibility, we must act on this most critical challenge. We can live up to our calling as former Princeton President Harold Shapiro modernized Woodrow Wilson’s guiding principles, to be “In the Service of All Nations.” Indeed there has never been a more opportune moment for Princeton, a national leader in all walks of life, to also become a leader in reducing global greenhouse gas emissions.
Please visit our website.
Related Articles & Links
Patterson, Dana and Wheeler, David. "N.J. Students Rally for the Environment at Power Shift 2009." Green Jersey. 6 March 2009.
McCorkle, Chip. "Students go Unplugged; Updating Ulysses' Tale." Princeton Alumni Weekly. 11 February 2009.
Haynesworth, Leah. "10K College Kids Prepare to Descend on DC." The Daily Princetonian. 5 February 2009.
Cury, Maria. "Rocky, Mathey Compete to Conserve Energy Use." The Daily Princetonian. 12 December 2009.