Not Sure What Training You Need?
Suggested Business Training by Administrative Role
Note: The functions listed for each role are only guidelines, since the responsibilities of a position vary widely from department to department.
Select the role that most closely approximates your own to see the functions mapped to an application, and to the available training classes and documentation:
- Manager, Academic Department
- Manager, Administrative Department
- Project Manager
- Administrative Support, Academic Department
- Administrative Support, Administrative Department
- Department Coordinator of Graduate Studies
- Department Coordinator of Undergraduate Studies
- Grants Manager
- Purchasing / Finance Manager
- Residential College Dean/Administrator
For other administrative functions
If you work in one of the University's central administrative offices (such as the Registrar's Office, the Treasurer's Office, the Admissions Office, and the Graduate School), training is generally provided by your manager. However, documentation is available for some functions. To find the available documentation, look for the application under Need Documentation?.