Polycom Quick Reference
The Polycom SoundStation comes equipped with a SoundStation unit, two extension speakers, transformer unit, short and long telephone cable, and a user guide.
Polycom Set-Up Instructions:
- Place the unit in the center of a table or desk.
- Seat all participants the same distance from SoundStation.
- Voices should be directed toward the SoundStation.
Setting Up SoundStation:
- Plug the long SoundStation cable from the wall module to the bottom of the set.
- Thread cable through channels.
- Insert the wall module plug into electrical outlet.
- Plug the short telephone cable from the wall module into a jack with a standard analog phone line.
- Adjust the ringer volume switch which is located on the bottom of the SoundStation.
- Place SoundStation on a flat surface in the center of the room.
- Press the On/Off button to hear a dial tone. (If no dial tone, you may not be connected to an analog telephone line).
Calls 1-2 people (self and up to 2 parties)
- Press On/Off to turn SoundStation on and dial the first conferee's telephone number.
- After connection has been established, press the Flash button on the conference set to place the party on hold, this allowing you to access a second dial tone.
- Second conferee's number can now be dialed.
- After the final connection has been established, press Flash button again, and all parties will be connected.
Calls 3-5 people (self and up to 5 parties)
- Press On/Off to turn SoundStation on and dial the first conferee's number and establish connection.
- Press Flash button, and dial *72 to start the conference feature and to connect the callers together.
- Press Flash and dial the second conferee.
- When the connection is established, press the Flash button and listen for the dial tone again, then hit *72 to bring conferees together. Repeat this process for each additional conferee. (Press Flash, dial new conferee, press Flash, *72).
To Answer Call:
- Press On/Off when you hear a SoundStation tone.
To Control the Microphone:
- Press Mute to prevent the other party(s) from hearing your conversation. Once the Mute button has been pressed, status lights will change to blinking red.
- Press Mute again to resume two-way communications