Before you travel abroad it is important to make sure that you verify a couple details to ensure your trip is smooth and cost efficient. Most devices come with a domestic plan as a standard and need to be programmed with different features to be able to function overseas. Below you will find all you need to know about traveling internationally with your wireless device. If you have any questions please call 8-CELL and speak with one of our representatives or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Usage Information:
Requests need to be submitted 3 days prior to travel in order to assure that the plan is added
- International data overages are very expensive and will add up quickly. Please us WiFi as much as possible when traveling abroad to limit your expenses.
- Users with external or internal data cards must exit out of the application on there laptop to stop the transmission of data. If you leave the data card connected and unattended you will incur extremely heavy usage charges abroad.
- We recommend that all travelers power their device off and on when they get to their destination. This will allow your device to connect to the local towers in the area and prevent it from searching for the domestic towers they are normally accustomed to.
- Use of International Wi-Fi hotspots for data and e-mail is recommended for a better signal and for users that don't have unlimited data plans. You will pay no fees using a free international hotspot. Click here to find out if there are any in the area you are traveling.
- For iPad and iPhone it is recommended to turn off "push" in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Fetch New Data>Push Off. On the same screen turn "Fetch" to manual. These two steps will prevent the device from constantly checking the server for new mail and will limit data usage.