Multi-line Telephone Set Features
The Automatic Hold feature allows you to automatically hold an existing call in order to place or receive another call.
To Place Another Call:
- Depress an idle key. The LCD turns on steadily. DN LCD of original call flashes. You hear dial tone. (Display: clears)
- Dial the number. (Display: dialed number)
- When the call is completed, depress DN key next to flashing LCD to return to held call. (Display: original number)
To Answer Another Call:
- Listen for a short buzz through the speaker.
- Depress DN key next to the slowly flashing LCD; it turns on steadily. You are connected to the second call. (Display: calling number) Original call is held; its LCD flashes quickly.
- When the second call is completed, depress DN key next to flashing LCD to return to held call. (Display: original number)
The Call Forwarding feature temporarily sends your incoming calls to another extension.
- Without lifting the handset, depress CALL FWD key. CALL FWD LCD flashes.
- Dial number to which calls will be forwarded. (Display: dialed number)
- Depress CALL FWD key again. CALL FWD LCD turns on. (Display: clears)
- Depress CALL FWD key. CALL FWD LCD turns off.
To Reactivate the Same Number:
- Depress CALL FWD key twice. CALL FWD LCD flashes momentarily then turns on steadily.
Call Transfer/Three-Way Conference
The Call Transfer/Three-Way Conference feature allows you to send a call to another extension or to the attendant, or lets you add a third party to your call
- Ask party to hold the line.
- Depress TRANSFER or CONF3 key. DN LCD flashes. TRANSFER or CONF3 LCD turns on steadily. Listen for special dial tone. (Display: clears)
- Dial the number to which the call will be transferred. Listen for ringing. (Display: dialed number) When party answers, you can speak privately.
- Depress TRANSFER or CONF3 key to connect all three parties. TRANSFER or CONF3 LCD turns off; DN LCD turns on. (Display: +++++)
- Depress RLS key to complete the transfer. (Display: clears) You are disconnected; the other two parties remain connected.
Conference 6 lets you arrange conference calls from your phone for five other people and yourself.
To Add a Third Person to a Call:
- Depress CONF key. Listen for special dial tone. CONF LCD turns on. DN LCD flashes, indicating first call is held.
- Dial number of person to be included in conference. (Display: called number) Listen for ringing. When person answers, you can speak privately.
- Depress CONF again to include this person in the conference. All parties are connected. (Display: +++++)
To add more persons:
- Repeat the above procedure for adding a third person.
NOTE: If you call a number that is busy or does not answer, depress RLS key; then depress DN key next to the flashing LCD to return to the conference.
If you try to add more conferences than allowed, you will not hear special dial tone and the CONF LCD will not turn on.
Last Number Redial
Last Number Redial lets you call the last number you dialed on that DN by dialing # #. Each time you dial a new number, it overrides the previously stored number.
- Depress DN key. DN LCD turns on. Listen for dial tone.
- Dial # #. The last number you dialed is automatically redialed.
Listen On Hold
Listen On Hold allows you, when put on hold by another person, to hang up and hear through the loudspeaker when the other person reestablishes the call. This only works if your phone has a speaker built in.
- Depress HOLD key after you are placed on hold. DN LCD flashes quickly. (Display: clears)
- Hang up
- Depress DN key next to flashing LCD. LCD turns on steadily. (Display: number reappears)
If you hear a busy tone when calling someone in your organization, this feature allows the system to notify you when the line becomes free and to route the call for you automatically.
- Depress RING AGAIN key when you hear busy tone. RING AGAIN LCD turns on. (Display: clears)
- Replace the handset. (You can continue to make or receive calls.)
- When called station becomes free, listen for a single burst of tome through the speaker. RING AGAIN LCD flashes.
- Lift handset.
- Depress RING AGAIN key. Listen for ringing as call is routed. (Display: called number)
NOTE: Respond quickly to RING AGAIN notification. Otherwise, the call will be cancelled within a short period of time.
- Depress RING AGAIN key. RING AGAIN LCD turns off.
Speed Calling lets you use one- or two- digit codes to dial frequently called numbers.
- Without lifting handset, depress SPEED CALL key. SPEED CALL LCD flashes.
- Dial the one- or two- digit code and #. (Display: all characters entered)
- Depress SPEED CALL key again. LCD turns off. (Display: clears)
- Depress any idle DN key. DN LCD turns on. Listen for dial tone through speaker.
- Depress SPEED CALL key. SPEED CALL LCD turns on.
- Dial the one- or two- digit code for the number to be called. SPEED CALL LCD turns off. (Display: code and programmed number)
- Lift handset when called party answers.
Volume Control lets you increase or decrease the loudness of any sound, which comes through your speaker, such as ringing, dial tone, or busy tone. Eight volume levels are available.
- While phone is ringing, depress VOL UP or VOL DOWN key.
- When desired volume is reached, depress VOL UP and VOL DOWN keys simultaneously to lock in the volume level