The TigerCard Office provides badges for contractors or vendors with an ongoing need to regularly spend time at the University. The badge will identify the building/area in which the contractor/vendor will be working (if appropriate), as well as the name of the Princeton University sponsor. Badges will be issued for periods of up to one year and may be renewed as appropriate. The cost of each badge is $15, which can be charged against a University account.
How to get a badge:
Please have the Project Manager or Sponsor submit the following on the Request a Contractor/Visitor Badge form:
1) Project site name (building name) if appropriate
2) Name and affiliation (company name) of each individual for whom a badge is being requested.
3) Inclusive dates over which the work will be conducted (Note – the end date of the work will be the EXPIRATION DATE printed on the badge. It is the responsibility of the sponsor to collect all expired badges).
4) Name of the Princeton University Sponsor
5) A University project grant number to pay for the $15 fee
Once authorized, photos can be taken and badges issued at the TigerCard Office located on the A floor of the New South Building. Applicants must present a driver’s license or other form of government-issued identification before a badge will be produced. Individual contractor employees can acquire their badges on a drop-in basis. The time required to produce an ID is typically less than ten minutes. For groups of more than three people, advance notice is highly recommended. Scheduling of visits for in-office ID badge services is arranged by contacting the TigerCard Office (258-8300) or by sending an email request to: email@example.com.
For information on the ID badge policy: