Mission and Values
UNIVERSITY AND CAMPUS LIFE CONTEXT
UHS’s mission flows from the University’s purpose and the mission of the Division of Campus Life. Princeton seeks to prepare students for positions of leadership, lives of service, and the future’s challenges, and to supply the world with learning that speaks to all the fundamental aspects of human experience; Campus Life intends to nurture a humane and collaborative environment for students to develop capacities to thrive as citizens and leaders committed to the well-being of themselves and others.
The mission of University Health Services is to enhance learning and student success by advancing the health and well-being of our diverse University Community. We pursue our mission and support the University’s purpose by using current knowledge of health and human development to guide responsive, high quality clinical, prevention, and consultation services.
Respect & Compassion
- We listen closely to our clients, and respond to their holistic needs—to the ‘whole person’--with understanding, patience, and kindness.
- We build on our staff’s diversity--recognizing, valuing, and appreciating the different perspectives, talents, and contributions of all.
- We commit ourselves to recognizing and understanding differences--addressing our community’s diverse needs in culturally informed ways.
- We provide exceptional services, and take pride in doing so fairly, consistently, courteously, discretely—upholding the highest ethical and professional standards in all our actions.
- We acquire, communicate, and apply new knowledge in ways that advance our practices-- leading to change and growth of individuals, groups, and systems.
- We encourage initiative, seek collaborations, and come together to develop new ideas or effective solutions for our clients, staff, and campus partners.
- We value continuous learning—using our experiences, evidence, and each other to develop our skills, capacities, and expertise.
- We develop structures and systems that support meaningful opportunities for professional development, personal growth, and leadership.