Student Health Plan
Student Health Plan Office locations
Garden Level, Room G24
Student Health Plan Office hours and appointments
Fax (609) 258-9191
- Student Health Plan Document
- Student Health Plan Benefits Summary
- Aetna Student Health Website
- Aetna Navigator
- Aetna Student Health Claim Form
- Express Scripts (formerly Medco)
- Vendor Contacts for Students on University Health Plans
- International Student Guide to the United States of America, Health Care and Medical Insurance
- Exchange Scholar UHS Enrollment Form
- Statement of Domestic Partnership
- Statement of Termination of Same Sex Domestic Partnership
- Tax Certification of Same Sex Domestic Partner Dependency
- Celtic Conversion Application [PDF]
Every student is required to have health insurance coverage while enrolled at Princeton University. This health insurance must cover off-campus specialty care and hospitalization not provided at UHS. Undergraduate students may either elect to enroll in the Princeton University Student Health Plan (SHP) or waive out of the SHP by demonstrating comparable insurance coverage by the deadline published in May of each academic year. See below under GRADUATE STUDENTS for SHP enrollment requirements specific to graduate students. Students may also elect to participate in the optional vision and dental plans that provide benefits beyond those included in the SHP by the published deadline.
All full-time enrolled undergraduate students are required to be covered by the SHP for off-campus medical care and hospitalization unless they can demonstrate alternative coverage that meets the University's criteria. Students may elect to waive coverage and the fee by going to the online insurance enrollment portal MyUHS and providing their private insurance information, certifying that they have comparable coverage under another health insurance plan.
- Their alternate insurance plan has been involuntarily terminated. Proof of termination must be presented to the SHP Office within 30 days of termination in order to enroll. Costs are prorated.
- Change in the marital status of the student / addition of a new legal dependent or newborn baby. The child is automatically covered, with no fee, for 31 days from the date of birth. Students must enroll the child within the first 31 days for coverage to continue. Costs are prorated.
- Only undergraduate students who were not enrolled at Princeton University for the fall semester qualify for the spring enrollment period.