Detailed Information About Costs (in alphabetical order)
UHS provides comprehensive services to all eligible students regardless of their insurance carrier or coverage. Most services, including medical office visits, individual or group psychological counseling, travel planning, athletic medicine services, inpatient stays, Sexual Harassment/Assault Advising, Resources, and Education (SHARE) services, X-rays and some laboratory tests are available at no direct cost to the student.
COPIES OF MEDICAL RECORDS
Students will be charged $30 for copies of their health records and $10 for copies of their immunization record.
Rapid HIV testing is provided on site at UHS at no charge. For more information about costs and billing of Sexually Transmitted Illness (STI) tests, see below.
INCOMPLETE MATRICULATION REQUIREMENTS
Students who have not completed their required pre matriculation vaccines will be charged for any office visits associated with obtaining matriculation vaccines here on campus.
INCOMPLETE MEDICAL INFORMATION FORM
LAB TESTS FOR WHICH THERE IS NO CHARGE
LAB TESTS FOR WHICH THERE IS A CHARGE
If you are a graduate/undergraduate student or dependent on the Princeton University Student Health Plan (SHP):
- Have your blood drawn or provide your specimen and Quest will bill you at full price. When you receive the bill from Quest, you will need to call Quest and provide them with your insurance information, and ask them to re-bill your insurance carrier.
- Return to the lab at a later time with your insurance information, and have your blood drawn or provide your specimen at that time so that Quest can bill your insurance carrier directly.
MENTAL HEALTH LOAN PROGRAM
Graduate students or undergraduate students may apply for up to $1,250 in loans per semester to cover outside mental health counseling costs. The loan program may be used for:
- Excess balances after payment by your health plan
- Continuation of therapy after the maximum benefits have been reached on your health plan
- The loan draws no interest until the student leaves the University. At this time, the loan is consolidated with any other financial obligations the student may have. If the student has no other loans with the University, the Mental Health Loan Program will be established as a long-term loan with the terms and conditions applicable to University educational loans.
- For a complete description of the mental health loan program and eligibility, please call (609) 258-3555.
NO SHOW FEES
OFF CAMPUS EMERGENCY CARE
If students go to the emergency room for care, charges are processed according to the benefit provisions of the student’s health or insurance plan, and the remaining balances for emergency room treatment and services become the responsibility of the student. You will be asked to present your insurance card when you visit the emergency room or any other off-campus provider that accepts patient insurance plans.
SPECIAL FINANCIAL NEEDS
XRAY - FILMS
XRAYS – DIGITAL IMAGES ON CD
FOR MORE INFORMATION
To contact Quest, call 800-825-7320. You may pay bills or update insurance information at www.questdiagnostics.com/bill