Group Initiatives and Programs
Counseling and Psychological Services offers a variety of groups throughout the academic year. Group counseling provides the opportunity to share concerns with other group members and work together to reach a better understanding of oneself and one’s situation or problems.
Some groups are time-limited and focus on specific issues, while others are on-going general therapy groups. There are no session limits to group therapy and one can participate in a Counseling and Psychological Services group at any time. Groups are offered each year depending on student needs. Click on the links below for this semester’s offerings.
- ADHD Support & Skills-Building
- Coming Out Group
- Emotional Management Skills Group
- First-Generation College Student Group
- Girl Talk: A Cross-Cultural Gathering for Women
- Graduate Women's Group
- Healthy Eating and Living Group (HEAL)
- Living in Balance (Alcohol & Other Drug) Group
- Managing Eating & Emotions - A Skills Group
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness for Undergraduates
- Procrastination: Not Just Lazy
- Tea and Talk- International Students Discussion Group
- Understanding Shyness & Social Anxiety
For additional information about groups, please review the Group Initiatives brochure.