Apartment Move Out Logistical Guide
Before You Go
To help plan the move from your apartment, here is a to-do list.
Before You Go Check List
- If renting a moving vehicle, reserve well in advance of your move.
- Make appropriate plans for storage.
- Make arrangements with the US Postal Service to forward your mail.
- Remove your name from your apartment mailbox.
- Notify your utility, cable TV, and telephone companies of your move date.
- Clean your stove, and on some models, under the stove top.
- Clean your oven.
- Clean your refrigerator and freezer.
- Clean your bathroom including the tub, and all tile surfaces.
- Broom clean the apartment.
- Remove all items from storage.
- Remove all personal belongings from the apartment.
- Place all discarded items in the appropriate receptacles.
- Return all keys, including your mailbox key.
- Close all windows.
- Lock your apartment upon exiting.