Move Out Logistics
Graduate College and Annexes
Before You Go
To help you plan your exit from campus, here is a "to do" list. It is your responsibility to return your room to the condition you found it when you moved in. Your room will be inspected by Housing Staff for general cleanliness and maintenance needs. An accounting of the furniture contained in your room will also take place.
Before You Go Check List
- Remove all personal belongings, including carpets and personal furniture. (See Room Inspections)
- Remove all trash and recyclables and place in the appropriate receptacles. (See Room Inspections)
- Place all discarded carpets by the nearest dumpster.
- Make sure all University furniture found at Move In is in your room.
- Dismantle and remove all lofts. (see Room Inspections)
- Place discarded lofts by the nearest dumpster.
- Remove the door of any refrigerator you plan to discard.
- Place discarded refrigerators (door removed) by the nearest dumpster. (Dumpster Location Map)
- Close and lock all windows in your room or suite.
- Sweep the floor.
- If you have a private bathroom, clean the bathroom.
- Reclaim any items confiscated by the Housing Inspectors.
- Fill out a change of address form with the US Postal Service if you want to have your first class mail forwarded to an address other than your home address. Note: Magazines are 2nd class mail and are not forwarded.
- Make appropriate plans for storage.
- Return your key.
- Donate unwanted furniture, clean clothing, unused school supplies, books, bicycles.
- Lock your door upon exiting your room.