Move Out Logistics
Before You Go
To help you plan your exit from campus, here is a "To Do" list. To avoid a fine it is your responsibility to return your room to the condition you found it during Move In. Your room will be inspected by Housing staff for general cleanliness and maintenance needs. An accounting of the furniture contained in your room will also take place.
Before You Go Check List
- Remove all personal belongings, including carpets and personal furniture.
- Remove all trash and recyclables and place in the appropriate receptacles.
- Place all discarded carpets by the nearest dumpster.
- Make sure all University furniture found at Move In is in your room.
- Dismantle and remove all lofts.
- Place discarded lofts by the nearest dumpster.
- Close and lock all windows in your room or suite.
- Sweep the floor.
- If you have a private bathroom, clean the bathroom.
- Reclaim any heat producing appliances or microwave oven confiscated by the Housing Inspectors.
- Reclaim any items confiscated by Public Safety or the Housing Inspectors.
- Fill out a change of address form with Princeton Mail Services if you want to have your first class mail forwarded to an address other than your home address. Note: Magazines are 2nd class mail and are not forwarded by Princeton Mail Services.
- Make appropriate plans for storage.
- Donate unwanted furniture, clean clothing, unused school supplies, books, bicycles.
- Lock your door upon exiting your room.