2014 Master Chef Series in the Residential Dining Halls
Back by popular demand, the Residential College Master Chef program has returned. Residential College staff takes nurturing to a new level by selecting and serving their favorite recipes to students in the dining halls. Each Residential College Master or Staff Chef partnered with their residential college Campus Dining chef in the planning and preparation of a favorite recipe.
This year's culinary creations represent a delicious mix of favorite foods:
- Butler College Master Chef Nicole Shelton began our Master Chef series March 11 with Butler- Wilson Chefs Brad Ortega, Jerry Luz, & Christeen Griffiths. Donning a white Princeton University chef coat, Chef Shelton watched as students at Butler Wilson dished up her Fish Taco recipe with enthusiasm.
Butler-Wilson Chef Jerry Luz, Butler Master Chef Nicole Shelton, & Chef Brad Ortega.
- On March 13, Mathey College Dean Steve Lestition cooked & served his recipe for Pasta with Provençal Seafood Sauce stocked full of shrimp, scallops, herbs, and spices over pasta. Chef Lestition along with Chef Rick Piancone, Chef Michael Gattis, & Sous Chef Chad Rovner prepared this delicious meal for the students at Rockefeller-Mathey dining.
Top left picture features Chef Manager Rick Piancone (holding the spaghetti), Chef Mike Gattis, Sous Chef Chad Rovner, & Chef Lestition.
- After a Spring Recess break our Master Chef Series continued at Wilson College on April 1. Wilson College Master Eduardo Cadava served up a trio of delicious dishes to students at Butler-Wilson dining. The dishes included Chicken Stew with Garbanzo Beans, Spinach Pinwheels, and baked stuffed vegetables. Chef Cadava served up these dishes to students along with Chef Brad Ortega, Sous Chef Christeen Griffiths, & Chef Jerry Luz.
Chef Brad Ortega, Sous Chef Christeen Griffiths, Wilson Master Eduardo Cadava, & Chef Jerry Luz.
- On April 3, Rockefeller College Director of Studies, Justine Levine was the Master Chef for the evening at Rockefeller-Mathey dining. The four aromatic unique recipes served included Kale Salad, Cheater’s Paella, Vegetarian Cheater’s & Caldo Gallego. Chef Justine cooked and served these dishes alongside Chef Rick Piancone, & Sous Chef Chad Rovner.
Sous Chef Chad Rovner, Justine Levine, & Chef Rick Piancone.
- Whitman College concluded our Master Chef series on April 8 with Master Sandie Bermann serving Tuna Niçoise to students at Whitman dining. Chef Sandie along with Chef Sal Riccobono & Chef Dan Slobodien served a beautifully prepared Tuna Niçoise with hard-boiled egg and mixed greens.
Chef Dan Slobodien, Master Sandie Bermann, & Chef Sal Riccobono.
Many thanks to all the Masters and Chefs for their help in making our Master Chef Series a great success.
For additional photos of this event, follow us on Facebook