Cake Competition: A Fondant Farewell to President Shirley Tilghman
Princeton Dining Services and ODUS announce A Fondant Farewell to President Shirley Tilghman Cake Competition to be held on Sunday April 28 from 5:00 pm - to 6:30 pm on the West College Patio. Four team finalists, representing each class will be chosen to create their cakes in a live competition based on their original designs. Cakes will be presented to a team of judges and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be awarded. Cakes will be judged on flavor, appearance, theme and uniqueness of design.
The rules of competition are:
- Undergraduate students representing their class may enter in teams of three or less by completing an online design entry form which includes a design drawing (design drawing is required)
- Each team may only be comprised of members of the same class
- All entries must be received no later than midnight on April 4.
- Based on the design entry four teams (one from each class) will be chosen as finalists and finalists teams announced the week of April 8
- All team finalists will be paired with a member of the University bakeshop
- Finalists and their University bakeshop partner will meet at least two weeks prior to the competition with University Pastry Chef manager Heather Minnich to review their design concept and determine ingredients necessary to implement the design
- All cake components and decorating tools will be provided by the University bakeshop the day of the competition
- All cakes must fit on a 24” square platform provided by Dining Services
- All finished cakes, including decoration, must be entirely edible
$300.00 in Paw Points
$150.00 In Paw Points
$75.00 in Paw Points