Summer Housing for Current GC/Annex Residents
- If you are a current resident of the GC/Annexes and an enrolled graduate student at Princeton, you have the opportunity to remain on-campus after May 25, 2013.
- To be eligible for on-campus housing over the summer, you must submit a Summer Housing application before 4:30 pm on Thursday, May 9, 2013. Summer Housing applications received after this date and time will be accommodated only upon availability. Applications for Summer Housing will not be accepted after 4:30pm on Friday, July 19, 2013.
- Before signing a Summer Housing contract, please read the Terms and Conditions Supplement for Summer Housing. This is in addition to the 2012-13 Terms and Conditions of the Graduate Housing/Dining Agreement. Summer Housing is not guaranteed and late applicants will be considered only upon availability.
- Summer Housing for current G/C Annex students begins on Sunday May 26, 2013 and ends on August 24, 2013. Summer Housing for all other graduate students, (not incoming), begins on June 9th, 2013. If you have a GC/Annex Housing contract for the 2013-14 academic year, you may remain in Summer Housing until August 28, 2013 under the Summer Housing rate.
- If you do not have a GC/Annex contract for the 2013-14 academic year, please be advised that you must vacate Summer Housing no later than Saturday, August 24, 2013. There can be no exceptions made for moving out after this date.
- There is a two-week minimum for all Summer Housing contracts. A maximum of two separate Summer Housing contracts will be allowed per student and there is no guarantee that the same room will be assigned. A minimum of two weeks is required between contracts and all personal belongings must be removed from the room, even if you have retained the room for the 2013-14 academic year.
Please note that there is no room draw for Summer Housing and all room assignments will be made by the Housing Office.
- Only students with a full Summer Housing contract who also have a new room assignment in the GC/Annexes for the 2013-14 academic year will move from their current room during the summer. These students will remain in their current room until contacted by the Housing Office. The Housing Office will provide the student with a move date according to the information that he/she provides on their Summer Housing application. It is, therefore, important for students to provide accurate information regarding their summer housing plans.
- Students who do not have a fall assignment in the GC/Annexes will remain in their current room for the duration of their summer contract provided that the room is available and not part of a maintenance or renovation project.
- Students who are assigned to multiple occupancy rooms for the summer should always be prepared for the potential arrival of a fellow graduate student. At no time should a student in a multiple occupancy room dominate the entire room.
- Room changes are not permitted during the Summer Housing contract period.
Moving Into Your Summer Room
Once you have been contacted by the Housing Office and given your move-in date, you are set to move. On the assigned date, you will need to pick-up your key from the Housing Office during normal business hours.
Contracts | Payments | Cancellations
- No Summer Housing contracts may begin after August 11, 2013.
- Summer contract weeks begin on Sunday and end on Saturday and are not pro-rated by day. There is no grace period for arriving early. Students wishing to move in on a Friday or Saturday will be charged for a full week of Summer Housing.
- There is a two-week minimum for all Summer Housing contracts. A maximum of two separate Summer Housing contracts will be allowed per student and there is no guarantee that the same room will be assigned.
- A minimum of two weeks is required between Summer Housing contracts and all personal belongings must be removed from the room, even if you have retained the room for the 2013-14 academic year.
- Current GC/Annex residents will sign their Summer Housing contracts at the Graduate Housing Office, located in 5 New South, on May 20th, May 21st or May 22 nd. A student's failure to sign his or her Summer Housing contract by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 will result in that room being reassigned. This deadline will not be extended and there will be no exceptions made.
- Students with Summer Housing contracts beginning after May 26, 2013 must sign their Summer Housing contract within 24 hours of their arrival to campus. If a student arrives on the weekend they must come to the Graduate Housing Office on the following business day to sign their Summer Housing contract.
- The charge per contract week is $172.00.
- Students who require Summer Housing contracts of four weeks or less must pay with a check or money order payable to Princeton University at the time of contract signing. In addition, students who graduate or who have no written proof of DCE status, but require Summer Housing, will also have to pay the full amount of the Summer Housing cost upon signing the contract. Summer Housing will not be guaranteed to those students who do not pay by the assigned time.
- Contracts may be cancelled early at the student’s request. The student must come to the Housing Office to initiate the cancellation at least one week in advance of his or her intended vacate date. Contracts cancelled early for non-academic reasons or contracts cancelled without a minimum of one week notice to the Housing Office will incur a penalty of one week’s rent, $172.00.
- You may cancel your Summer Housing contract and re-apply only once. If the student has already picked-up their summer room key, it must be returned and all belongings removed from the room within 48 hours. If the key is not returned, the student will be charged $75.00 for a lock change.
Room and Dining Information
Floors at the NGC are co-ed over the summer but students will be assigned to a single gender bathroom, unless the student is currently living on a floor with a co-ed bathroom. Students will receive a bathroom combination code for their assigned bathroom. Codes are to be kept confidential for residents use only.
Fans are allowed, window air conditioning units are not permitted in any GC/Annex rooms.
Please be aware before you sign your Summer Housing contract that you may experience periods of inconvenience or noise resulting from construction, refurbishing or other maintenance work. The summer break provides the only opportunity to make repairs or improve mechanical systems in campus housing. Please consider this information before signing a Summer Housing contract. Refunds are not given on the basis of inconvenience resulting from construction, refurbishing or other maintenance work.
No furniture may be removed from any dormitory room during Summer Housing.
Summer Telephone Service
Summer residents living in dormitory rooms are provided with local and campus phone service. Those students remaining for Summer Housing and who have signed up for telephone service will have long distance service using their PAC. Class of 2013 graduates residing in Summer Housing can place calls using a calling card, or by calling collect (AT&T: 800-225-5288). For more information, please refer to the OIT Telecommunications website .
Summer Dining Options
For those on campus this summer Dining Services offers two summer meal programs. Plus, The Food Gallery at Frist, and our cafes are open daily. See our website for summer dining hours and meal plan registration.