The Housing Plan
Updates on the status of the Housing Plan components including project scope will continue to be provided here. Please check back frequently for the most current information.
Lakeside Graduate Apartments (formerly Hibben Magie)
- Final site plan approval was received from the Princeton Regional Planning Board in April 2012.
- Construction of the 329 unit (715 bed) housing complex began in the summer of 2012 starting with site clearing and demolition of the Hibben and Magie eight-story buildings.
- Refer to Lakeside Graduate Housing for detailed information on the project.
- Lakeside Graduate Housing website is now live.
- Transition of units to eligible graduate students commenced in academic year 2012. Most of Stanworth will be occupied by graduate students during the two-year construction period at Hibben-Magie site beginning in the summer of 2012. Please continue to refer to this website for updates.
- Refer to University Services>> Living in Stanworth Apartments for detailed information about the complex.
- Relocation and housing expenses assistance to Faculty and Staff residents of Stanworth continues to be provided as planned. For details, currently eligible Faculty and Staff residents should refer to Policy on Relocation and Housing Expense Payments of Leaseholders at Hibben, Magie and Stanworth (updated 3/30/2010).
- For information on the construction activity at the Merwick Stanworth site, Stanworth residents and graduate students interested in living at Stanworth should refer to the Stanworth Development Update page.
Merwick Stanworth Faculty and Staff Housing
- Final site plan approval was received from the Princeton Regional Planning Board in September 2012.
- Construction of the first phase of the 326 unit housing complex is scheduled to begin on the Merwick property in the summer of 2013.
- Refer to Merwick Stanworth Faculty/Staff Housing for detailed information on the project.
- Demolition of Butler Apartments is planned to commence June 2014 once the Lakeside Graduate Housing community is available for occupancy.
- The University has no immediate plans for construction at this site.