Undergraduate Room Draw Guide
Post Draw Information
Roommate Switch Policy
The Housing Office recognizes the occasional need for students to switch rooms after the draw. In order to maintain the integrity of the room draw process, certain rules apply to room switching.
- Only rooms drawn with the same weighted rating may be switched.
- When switching roommates within a group, the integrity of the group must remain (i.e. mixed class group must have older member in suite, and for Independent rooms, there must be at least 2 declared independents in each suite.)
- Students who plan to cancel their contracts may not switch rooms.
- All switch requests must be made formally in writing, and submitted to the Manager of Undergraduate Housing for upperclassmen or the College Office for all college members.
- All switches are made officially in late August at the discretion of the Manager of Undergraduate Housing (or College Office), and must have signed approval.