Request a Spaces/Policies & Procedures

The Office of University Scheduling, a department of University Services, provides full scheduling capability, accessibility and event information within the Andlinger Center. University Scheduling offers 24 hour online space request capability, located at University Services staff offers event planning and event logistics support for events occurring within the common spaces of the Andlinger Center. In addition, University Services staff will meet with each client prior to the beginning of each event to ensure that the space is set up correctly, assist with any audio-visual setup needs, and will remain available in the Andlinger Center to assist as needed with any issues that may arise during the event.

During the academic year, the Andlinger Center will be available for use by all academic departments at the University for events whose nature is appropriate to the space, with first priority to humanities departments. As the Andlinger Center is an academic venue, classes retain priority for space use throughout the academic year.

Reservable spaces include: Chancellor Green Rotunda, 103, 105, Chancellor Green Café, and Thompson Courtyard; East Pyne 010, and the Upper and Lower Hyphens. In addition, University Scheduling will provide event planning and support assistance as needed for all non-academic events.

East Pyne 010, Chancellor Green 103, and 105 are A-type classrooms assigned by the Office of the Registrar. When they are not in use for teaching, CG 103 and 105 are available as quiet reading rooms. Weekdays after 4:30, these seminar rooms may be reserved for a variety of academic uses, which might include lectures, films, colloquia, round-table discussions, and readings.

The Rotunda is a common room where faculty and students can engage in quiet study or discussion. It is available for use during the following hours: Monday – Friday: 7 am to 10 pm. In the mezzanine, cabinets are assigned to departments, programs and individuals, who have priority in their use. Anyone is welcome to study in the carrels. Given the mission of the rotunda and the mezzanine as study space, in most cases, they are not appropriate for other activities. The Council of Humanities will determine appropriate events to take place in the space. Given this academic focus, the Andlinger Center, including the Chancellor Green Rotunda, is not available for events of a personal nature, such as weddings, rehearsals, bar mitzvahs, etc.

Thompson Courtyard, Chancellor Green Café, and the Upper and Lower Hyphens are common areas that may be reserved for a variety of events including receptions and dinners. Requests for space use will be honored as appropriate as these spaces are in close proximity to study space.

Labor Charges
Labor charges will be accrued as follows:
The Office of University Scheduling is available to assist with event execution in a variety of ways depending on the needs of the department. Events will be supported between 9am and 10 pm Monday to Friday, at no cost to the client. Assistance provided outside of those hours or for events requiring additional staff beyond regular coverage will be assessed the following schedule of fees:

Monday – Friday
Before 7 am - $125/hour overtime fee*
7 am to 10 pm - $26/hour
After 10 pm - $125/hour

Before 7 am - $125/hour overtime fee*
7 am to 10 pm - $26/hour
After 10 pm - $125/hour

Before 12 pm - $125/hour overtime fee*
12 pm to 10 pm - $26/hour
After 10 pm - $125/hour

The overtime rate for Humanities departments, programs, and committees is $39/hour.

When using the Rotunda, there is a fee of $250 for events that require moving existing furniture, installing tables or serving meals. Event organizers are required to pay the cost and overtime of professional movers to remove, store and return the furniture in time for the next day. This fee is used to restore damaged furniture that is caused by the moving and storage.

Temporary Food Service
Any group submitting a request to reserve space in the Andlinger Center for the Humanities for a public event, including information tables and fundraisers, with the intent to serve food not prepared by Princeton Catering or Restaurant Associates, must follow established guidelines for temporary food service on campus and secure a temporary food establishment license. Recognized student groups submitting an application for a temporary food establishment license may be exempt from paying a license fee. Contact the University Sanitarian for licensing, regulatory and general safety requirements. For additional information, refer to the Environmental Health and Safety website or the Office of Risk Management website.


University Services
Conference & Event Services
Housing & Real Estate
Print & Mail Services
Transportation & Parking
University Scheduling
Princeton University

Princeton University Visitor Services University Ticketing University Scheduling Richardson Auditorium Prospect House Palmer House Frist Campus Center University Services Campus ATMs University Ticketing University Scheduling Richardson Auditorium Princeton University Store Prospect House Palmer House Frist Campus Center University Services